Objective: Our mission is to provide children living in vulnerable circumstances with an affordable, happy, outdoor experience, in which they can build self-confidence, develop positive relationships and learn valuable life skills in an environment that promotes group learning and nurtures each camper individually.
Working Conditions: Long and irregular hours requiring continuous movement.
• Developing a safe waterfront that offers a well-rounded program of instructional and recreational activities.
• Assisting in the teaching of waterfront skills.
• Surveillance of swimming areas during recreational programs.
• Maintenance and care of aquatic equipment and pool.
• Strict adherence to the Quebec Camping Association/National Lifeguarding Society pool/waterfront regulations.
• On-going evaluation of waterfront programs.
• Assist in special days with other program staff and participate in all tribal activities such as picnics, night duties, meal time, and camper bedtime.
• All lifeguards will rotate Health Centre duty on a nightly basis. As well as respecting our confidentiality policy.
• Being punctual and respecting the schedule is crucial for the success of our camp program which includes but is not limited to: Free-play duties, meetings, the bell, curfew, activities, and daily cleaning duties.
• Stimulating interest and participation in their area.
• Keep an updated inventory of supplies at the start and end of the season to be handed in to Supervisor.
• Developing and submitting lesson plans to the Program Director prior to the start of every cycle.
Salary: 3,000 - 4,000