Residential/ overnight Summer Program
Camp Amy Molson is first and foremost a summer camp for youth from and around the Montreal area. We have 144 spaces for children aged 5-13 and have a rich and vibrant program. The main goal and purpose of Camp Amy Molson is to give children an exciting and fun summer holiday which allows them to grow and mature while developing and learning valuable life skills and abilities. Campers enrolled in our residential program are cared for by a well-trained staff of young adults who have been handpicked by the administration team to ensure that each and every child registered is given the utmost care, attention and equally as important, affection.
Our special LIT Program is one of our proudest additions to the residential camping program. Specifically designed for campers who are 13 years of age, the LIT programs goal is to further develop our campers into strong leaders in their homes and in their communities. The program operates outside of the regular schedule and is over seen by two counselors for the girls cabin and the boys cabin as well as the LIT Director who develops the curriculum and programming as well as oversees the program. The LIT participate in workshops and team-building challenges to better learn how to develop the skills they will utilize in everyday life.
This summer marks the official launch of our newest program, the LIT Advance program. The LIT Advance program is specifically for 14-year olds who have either completed our LIT program or have the maturity to participate. The purpose of the LIT Advance is to further the training with the campers which was started in LIT program and to give them hands on experience in different roles at camp. LITAs are overseen by our Training Director who in addition to planning their schedules with them and running specialized programming, also provides formal and informal feedback in order to develop their skills early on and continually throughout the summer.
The vegetables at Camp Amy Molson started in 2011 with the Garden Program that often fed the local deer, gophers and sometimes the kids and staff at camp. Since then our plots have grown and our fencing has gotten stronger as has our conviction that getting hands dirty, planting seeds and watching them grow and pulling food from the soil are the most fun and delicious ways to foster healthy attitudes towards food and our environment.
Session 4 | August 21-21, 2017
Young Roots Farm at Camp Amy Molson is offering our second annual five-day camp experience that will immerse youth between the ages of 12-17 in wilderness, farming, mindfulness, and eco-building skills!
ACTIVITIES AT CAMP FOR THE KIDS
The overall objective at Camp Amy Molson is to provide a happy, healthy, vigorous, warm, and exciting atmosphere for campers and staff.
Programs and activities offered during your child's stay at Camp Amy Molson include arts & crafts, sports, music, cooperative games, live arts, swimming, boating, pottery, nature lore, library. There is also archery, hiking, basketball, and a hebertism course.
Click on each activity for details !
ARTS & CRAFTS
• To introduce elementary skills in archery.
• To promote hand-eye coordination, dexterity, patience, following direction, develop an understanding of safety procedures.
Arts & Crafts
• to enable the campers to be creative in different ways
• to provide the campers with opportunities to express themselves through art
• to enable the campers to discover that they can create games and toys through crafts
• to develop self-esteem and confidence through participation in the performing arts
• to create enthusiasm among all campers and staff in stage performances, including dance, drama, improvisation, mime, etc.
• to provide the opportunity for all campers to learn to swim with confidence or improve their skills
• to create a safe and fun environment during free swim
Sports & Cooperative Games
• to encourage the campers to participate in all activities regardless of their ability
• to promote cooperation in all sports activities
• to promote activities for future enjoyment
• to promote cooperation through games
• to encourage teamwork while learning new fun games
• to encourage the campers to learn to respect and enjoy music
• to ensure the campers have fun while learning new songs and dances
• to teach campers how to row a boat
• to teach and enforce boating rules and water safety
• to provide an enjoyable water experience
• to enable campers to learn about nature and grow to love the outdoors
• to develop an appreciation and respect for the environment
• to provide all campers access to books
• to encourage the campers to read and staff to read to the campers
Farming in 2016
Grew over 1900 lbs of vegetables with organic methods
Composted and diverted 6000 lbs of food waste from the landfill
Helped our young entrepreneurs sell 100 jars of pesto made from produce we grew.
A DAY AT SUMMER CAMP
Affordable overnight camp
Camp Amy Molson is a affordable sleep-over camp for inner-city Montreal children, aged 5 to 13 years old. Camp Amy Molson offers 3 sessions of 15 days each.
The staff-to-camper ratio is better than one to three, so that all the youngsters are guaranteed very personal care.
With a sliding scale for registration fee's Camp Amy Molson tries to make camp an affordable option to all families.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM